- Anantapur: Sandarbham emerging as voice of voiceless
- Anantapur: Regional cluster group meeting of varsities held at JNTUA
- Mohit Sharma opens up on heart breaking last over
- Sara ‘scolded’ mum Amrita Singh for buying towel for Rs 1,600, reveals Vicky
- Allari Naresh’s Telugu action thriller ‘Ugram’ set for OTT release on June 2
- CM working towards achieving 17 sustainable development goals: Malladi Vishnu
- Sonakshi reveals her favourite scene from ‘Dahaad’: ‘It was empowering as an actor’
- Call 1533 if any trouble occurs due to rain: BBMP Chief
- Goa Environmental Film Festival to open with ‘The Elephant Whisperers’
- DCM DK Shivakumar meets Savadi
Nagoba Jatara begins on a grand scale
The Nagoba jatara, the popular festival of the tribals, started on late Sunday night with thousands of devotees thronging the temple at Keslapur village of Indravelli mandal in the district.
Adilabad: The Nagoba jatara, the popular festival of the tribals, started on late Sunday night with thousands of devotees thronging the temple at Keslapur village of Indravelli mandal in the district.
Nagoba, the snake god, is worshipped by the tribal communities not only in Telangana, but also in the neighbouring states of Adnhra Pradesh, Maharashtra, Madhya Pradesh, Chatttisgargh and Jharkand.
Speaking to the media on Monday, District Collector Jagan Mohan said that the district administration made all the necessary arrangements for the smooth conduct of the festival without causing any inconvenience to the pilgrims.
Integrated Tribal Development Agency (ITDA )project officer Karnan, Superintendent of Police Tarun Joshi and the successors of the Mesram family who conducts the Jatara participated in the religious rituals.