- A lifelong relationship that started with a buffalo
- You cannot take away the class and the experience that Ashwin has over the years: Rohit Sharma
- To be honoured with Dada Saheb Phalke Award, for Waheeda Rehman, first National Film Award came in 1971
- Rosy picture ahead of beauty industry: IBA founder Vamsi Krishna
- Aishwarya Sharma aces mimicry in ‘KKK 13’: ‘I always had a funny bone in me’
- BMC-CISF organise ‘Amrit Kalash’ yatra in Mumbai
- Meet Manipuri neurosurgeon who teaches wushu as passion
- Gen Z's involvement in politics
- PM Modi dials Manmohan Singh on his birthday
- IIT Jodhpur designs catalysts for green ammonia
Declare district as drought-hit: TAWU
The activists of the Telangana Agricultural Workers’ Union staged dharna in front of the district Collectorate on Tuesday demanding the State government to declare the entire district as drought affected.
Karimnagar: The activists of the Telangana Agricultural Workers’ Union staged dharna in front of the district Collectorate on Tuesday demanding the State government to declare the entire district as drought affected.
The TAWU workers gathered at the collectorate and raised slogans against the State government for announcing only 19 mandals as drought hit while the entire district was reeling under severe drought. They wanted the government to include all the 57 mandals in the drought-affected list.
They blamed the government for shifting water to Medak and Hyderabad from Karimnagar while the people of the Karimnagar district were facing severe drinking water scarcity. They made it clear that there was no question of shifting water to other districts without fulfilling the need of the people of the district.
Speaking regarding MGNREGS, they found fault with the BJP-led NDA government for trying to abolish rural jobs scheme gradually. Though there were 39 crore job cards in the 29 states of the country, the government has stopped giving tools to labourers, they alleged.