- Boosting Traffic & Sales: Why Invest in an Indian SEO Expert for Your Business
- Beat the summer heat with saffron tips for healthy and glowing skin
- Amazon India offers opportunities for women to work in Night Shifts in Haryana
- What can India learn from Sweden’s pragmatic tobacco control policy?
- Leap Day 2024: Interesting facts, history, and significance of February 29
- Samsung Announces New Memory Variant of Galaxy A15 5G at INR 17999
- Immunity-boosting foods for a healthy life
- Celebrating Leap Day 2024: Wishes and Messages for Leaplings
- Vanchit Bahujan Aghadi eyes 27 Maha LS seats, wants to put up Jarange-Patil
- 'Purely governmental function': Delhi HC refuses to order new 24-hour pan-India Doordarshan channel for Sindhi community
Follow traffic rules or face suspension; cops told
The senior cops have decided to usher in accountability in the implementation of traffic laws and asked all the police officers who travel on bikes to wear helmets and warned to suspend if any officer found violating the rule for three times.
- Policemen who violate road safety laws could be suspended
- Police department responds to citizens’ criticism of police violations of law
Hyderabad: The senior cops have decided to usher in accountability in the implementation of traffic laws and asked all the police officers who travel on bikes to wear helmets and warned to suspend if any officer found violating the rule for three times. The decision was the outcome after receiving a bitter response from the Hyderabad public for the enforcement drives against motorists travelling without head gears.
Since the strict implementation of Motor Vehicles Act by the police in Hyderabad and Cyberabad, about 50,000 persons have been penalized for not wearing helmets, signal jumping and not possessing a driving license. Some of them were even charge-sheeted by the police and produced in the courts.
On facing criticism from the public that the very policemen who don’t follow the law were harassing the motorists during the busy travel time. Considering the complaints and taking the legal opinion, the police officials on Tuesday issued an internal circular asking all the policemen to wear helmets during their travel on bikes and warned them to suspend for violating the MV Act thrice.