- Rosy picture ahead of beauty industry: IBA founder Vamsi Krishna
- Aishwarya Sharma aces mimicry in ‘KKK 13’: ‘I always had a funny bone in me’
- BMC-CISF organise ‘Amrit Kalash’ yatra in Mumbai
- Meet Manipuri neurosurgeon who teaches wushu as passion
- Gen Z's involvement in politics
- PM Modi dials Manmohan Singh on his birthday
- IIT Jodhpur designs catalysts for green ammonia
- In multipolar world, rising India will be ‘Vishwa Mitra, a power for global good: Jaishankar
- Haryana State CSR Trust launchs animal ambulance service in Gurugram
- Australian pacer Starc eyes for the comeback, Maxwell too likely to return
Lakshmi Narasimha appears in Matysagiri Avatar
Thousands have thronged the hill shrine on the third day of the Brahmotsavams. The presiding deity Lakshmi Narasimha Swamy at the renowned hill shrine gave darshan to devotees parading on Matsyagiri Avatar, the most crucial of all avatars, here on Saturday.
Yadadri: Thousands have thronged the hill shrine on the third day of the Brahmotsavams. The presiding deity Lakshmi Narasimha Swamy at the renowned hill shrine gave darshan to devotees parading on Matsyagiri Avatar, the most crucial of all avatars, here on Saturday.
In the evening, the Lord and Consort were taken in a procession on Shesha Vahanam through the “Mada streets”. The people have a strong belief of having a darshan of the deity in the avatar will herald auspicious things for them. Temple chairman Narasimha Reddy, Executive Officer Geeta Reddy, employees and other devotees took part in the procession.
Later, Joint Collector Satyanarayana and DSP Mohan Reddy along with the temple Chairman and Executive Officer lighted a lamp marking the commencement of week-long spiritual discourses by scholars, music concerts, rendering of harikathas, music and dance programmes from Saturday.
On the occasion, the hill shrine was decorated with colourful flowers and lights and priests kept on chanting hymns. The Police department made elaborate security arrangements and the temple authorities have made arrangements for the devotees coming from the neighbouring districts. A free medical camp was conducted by the temple for the benefit of devotees.