- YSRCP second-rung leaders want sitting MLAs changed
- Pak-bound ship with N-parcel seized
- Farmers cry hoarse for justice amidst borewell seizures
- 42-target set for Bengal BJP
- Modi from Varanasi again
- Traffic restrictions imposed ahead of PM Modi's Adilabad visit
- 13th CREDAI Hyderabad Property Show from March 8
- CM Revanth Reddy anguished over malnutrition among women, children in TS
- Gold rate in Visakhapatnam surges, check the rates on 3 March, 2024
- Awareness on ESMS, C-Vigil app held for political parties
SHRC serves notice on top cop
The State Human Rights Commission has served notice to the Cyberabad Police Commissioner to submit a report on the incidents that happened on March 22 in the University of Hyderabad.
Hyderabad: The State Human Rights Commission has served notice to the Cyberabad Police Commissioner to submit a report on the incidents that happened on March 22 in the University of Hyderabad. Speaking to The Hans India, the Aam Aadmi Party Telangana State Spokesperson, Prof. P L Vishweshwar Rao, who filed a petition in the SHRC against police brutality on UoH students said, The SHRC asked the Commissioner to appear and submit a report at 11 am on March 31.
Prof. Rao said if police does not give comprehensive report, they would stage a dharna and also plan to move to the National Human Rights Commission. Prof. Rao further added that there was blatant violation of human rights on March 22. Lamenting on issuance of prohibitory orders, he said that as many as 1200 police personnel were stationed inside the campus. Demanding the resignation of VC immediately, Prof. Rao said the varsity has suppressed the Right to freedom of speech and expression.