- Khammam: Vijay Sankalp Yatra gets huge response
- Khammam: Farmers worried as reservoir dries up
- National Science Day 2024: Scientific Breakthroughs Around the World in 2023
- 19 file nominations for GHMC standing committee
- MWC 2024: Humane AI Pin is Your Ticket to Phone-Free Freedom
- Protect people’s interest at WTO meet, SJM tells Centre
- Two-day national seminar begins
- Telangana govt. likely to release DSC notification tomorrow
- Bandi Sanjay contested 2019 Lok Sabha polls after selling his wife’s mangalsutra : Ponnam
- Palm leaf manuscript belonging to 1474 CE found
Elaborate arrangements for Sri Rama Navami
Elaborate arrangements have been made for Sri Rama Navami celebrations in anticipation of a large turnout of devotees. It is expected that over 1.50 lakh people may attend the celestial wedding.
Bhadrachalam (Khammam): Elaborate arrangements have been made for Sri Rama Navami celebrations in anticipation of a large turnout of devotees. It is expected that over 1.50 lakh people may attend the celestial wedding.
- Chief Minister K Chandrashekar Rao will present pearls to deity
- Over 1.5 lakh devotees are expected to attend the celestial wedding
Giving an account of arrangements made for celebrations in an exclusive interview to The Hans India on Wednesday, executive officer Kurakula Jyoti said temporary canopies would be erected to provide a shade to devotees and special counters for distribution of the deities’ Talambralu and to sell prasadm would be set up.
In all, 75 CCTVs and 5 LED screens would be installed and 50 staff members of the Endowments Department are being drafted on deputation for the festival. She said the canopies would be erected over an area of 1.30 lakh sft, 15 counters to distribute Talambralu and 8 to sell prasadam would be set up. Devotees visiting the Lord Sri Rama temple here on April 14, 15 and 16 would be provided “anna prasadam” without any ceiling.
On laddus, she said, staff members were specially designated to make 2 lakh laddus this year. In fact, 10,000 laddus each priced at Rs 50 are being prepared for the occasion. Since the Talambralu hold a special place in the celestial wedding, over 60 lakh quintals of rice is being used to prepare the Talambralu.
On the day of the celestial wedding, special counters will distribute Mutyala Talambralu among the people visiting the temple. Besides, 25000 Talambralu packets each containing two pearls are being readied for selling each packet at Rs 20 on days other than Sri Rama Navami.
Chief Minister K Chandrashekar Rao and his spouse will present silk clothes and pearls to Lord Sri Rama and his consort on Sri Rama Navami Day. State Governor E S L Narasimhan and his spouse will grace the coronation of Lord Sri Rama.
The Chief Minister and State Governor have been specially invited for the event on Telugu New Year Day, she said adding that the ministers, senior bureaucrats, High Court judges are likely to visit the town.
The specialty of this year’s Sri Rama Navami is the first one to celebrate after decorating the deities with golden armour. Another specialty is distribution of Mutyala Talambralu to bus travellers free of cost.