- PKL 10: Tamil Thalaivas face Dabang Delhi challenge; Gujarat Giants up against Bengaluru Bulls
- Finland showcases climate solutions at COP28
- State must side with the weaker population: CJI DY Chandrachud
- PIL filed against 75% reservation at BJP's behest: Tejashwi Yadav
- Days after Silkyara tunnel rescue op, U'khand CM calls on PM, discusses several projects
- India's energy requirement set to double by end of this decade: Mukesh Ambani
- No property tax for rural residential areas in Delhi: MCD Mayor
- Sharad Pawar’s pearls of political wisdom - 'NCP deserters are doomed'
- Western India Squash: National champion Anahat Singh given top seeding in women's singles, girls' U19 sections
- BJP damaged reputation of central agencies: Congress on arrest of ED official in TN
Eamcet now on May 15
The Telangana government on Monday announced a fresh schedule for conducting Eamcet (Engineering, Agriculture and Medical Common Entrance Test). While Eamcet would be held on May 15, the Teacher Eligibility Test (TET) would be conducted on May 22. Earlier, Eamcet was scheduled to be held on May 2 and TET on May 1.
Hyderabad: The Telangana government on Monday announced a fresh schedule for conducting Eamcet (Engineering, Agriculture and Medical Common Entrance Test). While Eamcet would be held on May 15, the Teacher Eligibility Test (TET) would be conducted on May 22. Earlier, Eamcet was scheduled to be held on May 2 and TET on May 1.
The government rescheduled the examination dates as the private educational institutions joint action committee had refused to provide their college premises for conducting Eamcet and TET to register their protest against vigilance raids.
Addressing a press conference at the secretariat, Deputy Chief Minister and Education Minister Kadiyam Srihari said all government institutions and staff would be utilised for conducting the exams. “A decision has been taken to conduct Eamcet on May 15,” the minister said.
The examination for engineering admissions would be held from 10 am to 1 pm and agricultural and medical exam from 2.30 pm to 5.30 pm. A total of 1,44,501 candidates would sit for engineering and 1,01,987 candidates for agricultural and medicine exams. The minister said the online examination for agricultural and medical courses would be held at Hyderabad and Warangal.
Hall tickets for Eamcet can be downloaded from May 12 and ranks would be announced on May 27. Counselling would be held in June and classes would commence from July 1.
Candidates appearing for TET can download their hall tickets from May 13 to 22 and exam would be held from 10 am to 1 pm (paper-I) and 2.30 pm to 5 pm (paper-II) on May 22. Results would be announced on June 1.