- Telangana Assembly Election 2023 LIVE UPDATES
- Welfare regime can't be defeated Minister Ambati Rambabu
- Economists see India’s GDP growth slowing in second half of FY24
- Delhi High Court displeased over trail construction in Central Ridge, warns against treating it as 'personal fiefdom'
- Trinamool MLAs face Speaker's ire for absence during question hour
- Female actors demand to drop Goa minister from Cabinet for 'insulting' women
- Narayana Murthy bats for more English-medium schools; stresses on quick decisions to compete with China
- Delhi govt notifies Delhi Motor Vehicle Aggregator and Delivery Service Provider Scheme
- Gurugram Police arrest criminal carrying Rs 1 lakh reward
- APC elect new Asian Paralympic Committee Board at 2023 General Assembly
Chanaka project gets Maharashtra green signal
In a significant development, the Maharashtra government gave permission to its Telangana counterpart to take up construction works related to Chanaka project at Korata village abutting its border.
Hyderabad: In a significant development, the Maharashtra government gave permission to its Telangana counterpart to take up construction works related to Chanaka project at Korata village abutting its border.
The Maharashtra government also gave clearances of NOCs pertaining to forest, protection of wild animals and mining here on Saturday giving boost to Telangana to begin the works.
The Telangana government will be spending Rs 560 crore on Chanaka project and asked the officials to complete it by 2018. Irrigation Minister T Harish Rao, while expressing happiness at the permission offered by the Maharashtra government, also appreciated the officials for getting all clearances like forest, protection of wild animals and mining for taking up the project.
Chief Minister K Chandrashekar Rao has determined to irrigate at least 51,000 acres in Adilabad district by completing Chanaka and Penganga projects, Harish stated.
The Irrigation Minister directed the officials to complete the works related to barrage gates, pump house and canal as per schedule by expediting them.