- Vijayawada: Sajjala Ramakrishna Reddy expresses surprise over allotment of only 24 seats to JSP
- Temple heritage of Hyderabad shrouds in mystery
- Artist Sanjay Bhattacharya’s ‘Moving Geometry’ Premier at Jehangir Art Gallery
- Echoes of the Fields: Herdsman and Shepherds in Ancient Bharat
- Hyderabad: Dy Mayor Srilatha to join Congress today
- Tirupati: TDP names 3 new faces from Chittoor in first list
- Bejan Daruwalla’s horoscope
- PM to lay foundation of rail projects costing Rs 230 cr
- Awakening universal consciousness
- Telangana: Inter exam hall tickets released
Osmania University PIO fined 10,000 for failure to reply to query
The Public Information Officer (PIO) of Osmania University was fined Rs 25,000 on Monday, for “non compliance” of Telangana Information Commission’s orders and for his failure to provide information to the appellant even after six months.
Hyderabad: The Public Information Officer (PIO) of Osmania University was fined Rs 25,000 on Monday, for “non compliance” of Telangana Information Commission’s orders and for his failure to provide information to the appellant even after six months.
- Krishna Nagam of Telangana RTI Forum had sought info on Academic Calendar of PG (Science)
- PIO Prof E Suresh Kumar failed to provide info even after six months
Speaking to The Hans India, Information Commissioner Lam Tantiya Kumari said that the Commission had fined the PIO Prof E Suresh Kumar for not providing information to the appellant for more than six months.
After the appellant Krishna Nagam of Telangana RTI Forum took up the issue with the Commission, the PIO appeared before the Commission once but could not explain the reasons for not providing the information on Academic Calendar of PG (Science) sought under the RTI on December 18, 2015.
When the Commission asked the PIO to appear before it again on Monday with explanation, he failed to appear in person and sent his representative.
Stir against early exams
It may be recalled that several students were protesting against the University’s decision to conduct semester examinations of PG (Science) allegedly without the completion of syllabus.
They had demanded postponement of examinations. The agitation at Vice Chancellor’s office particularly by girl students continued for several days after December 14 was announced as the date for commencement of exams. During the agitation, some girl students were also arrested.
Krishna Nagam filed an RTI query asking for details of Academic Calendar for PG (Science) along with the letters of communication between Principals of Koti Women’s College, Saifabad PG College and OU College in campus and the University. Now the Commission has given a show cause notice to OU and directed that a reply be given within 10 days.