SM School students celebrate Telugu Divas
The students of SM Concept School had celebrated ‘Telugu Divas’ to mark the ongoing World Telugu Mahasabhalu, at Under bridge in Warangal on Monday.
Warangal: The students of SM Concept School had celebrated ‘Telugu Divas’ to mark the ongoing World Telugu Mahasabhalu, at Under bridge in Warangal on Monday.
The student participated in various programmes organised on the occasion, commencing with ‘Maa Telugu talli ki malle poodanda’ song, dressed in traditional attire. They performed dances to various Telugu songs, which stressed the importance of Telugu language.
Speaking on the occasion, the School Correspondent Upendra that the programme was organised marking the World Telugu Mahasabhalu, going on in Hyderabad and to propagate Telugu language along with making children realise the importance of the Telugu culture and traditions.
Telugu teacher Shanta Kumari said, “We are Telugu people and must respect our identity. As Dasaradhi Rangacharya said ‘Desabhashalandu Telugu Lessa’, the beauty of the language has been its ability to stand up over the years.”
After the formation of Telangana State, the efforts made by the government to revive long-lost traditions have hopefully fulfilled through the ongoing World Telugu Mahasabhalu conference, she opined. Later, prizes were distributed to the students, who won in Essay, elocution and quiz competitions organised on the occasion.
- Congress worker killed by suspected Naxals in Chhattisgarh
- CJI sexual harassment case: BCI disappointed over views of 2 ex-SC judges
- 52 Congress Lawmakers Come From 18 States, Union Territories
- Opposition has fooled minorities: PM Modi asks NDA lawmakers to win their trust
- 23-yr-old medical student commits suicide after being harassed by senior doctors