- AAP in Punjab targeting political opponents: BJP leader Jakhar
- Goa to ban dog breed attacking humans, says CM Sawant
- ML study links reduced sleep and activity to premature birth
- MP Minister Yashodhara Raje Scindia not to contest coming Assembly polls
- California's longest serving Senator Dianne Feinstein dies at 90
- Danish Ali writes to PM Modi highlights threats, seeks his immediate attention on Bidhuri's episode
- AASU sweeps Gauhati University students' polls; ABVP bags 1 post
- 12 state-of-the-art libraries opened in Punjab, 16 more to come up
- The IT minister KTR laid foundation stone at Wanaparthy district
- Railways denied special train for TMC supporters to travel to Delhi: Abhishek Banerjee
WhatsApp may stop working for these iPhone users; Check out
WhatsApp said that the beta version of WhatsApp 2.21.50 is no longer compatible with iPhones running iOS 9.
A report from WABetaInfo, a website that tracks changes and functions in WhatsApp, said that the beta version of WhatsApp 2.21.50 is no longer compatible with iPhones running iOS 9.
WhatsApp will reportedly soon stop working on iPhones running on iOS 9. Facebook-owned WhatsApp has reportedly decided to stop supporting Apple iPhones running on iOS 9. (iOS 14 is the latest version currently available for iPhones).
A report from WABetaInfo, a website that tracks changes and functions in WhatsApp, said that WhatsApp version 2.21.50 beta is no longer compatible with iPhones running iOS 9. Therefore, only those iPhone users using iOS 10 or higher will be able to use WhatsApp.
However, the messaging application has not updated the same information, and even its FAQ page does not mention if there is a change in its supported operating systems. The WhatsApp tracking website also says that the page has yet to be updated.
In another update, WhatsApp plans to release an improved version of its archived chats. According to WABetaInfo, this feature is still under development. Still, sources said that WhatsApp is preparing some UI improvements for the Archived Chats cell that will only be visible after the user has chats in their archive.
Users will not know when they receive messages in archived chats, as all notifications from the feature will be muted.