- YS Jagan Mohan Reddy meets Amit Shah in Delhi
- TDP in poll mode
- ISRO gears up for navigational satellite launch today
- New Delhi: Despite run-ins with Centre, Supreme Court has upheld its independence in last 9 yrs
- New Delhi: Aam Aadmi Party dubs BJP’s 9-year rule as dark era of failure
- I am lucky to be born as NTR’s son: Balakrishna
- Extend support to revive Urdu journalism, Shabbir pleads with Telangana government
- Hyderabad: DRDO assures all support to make India a net defence exporter
- CPI asks Bandi sanjay to control his mouth, says People will not let BJP enter Telangana
- BRS demands BJP MPs to release white paper on their contribution for Telangana development
Apple's foldable iPhone to come with self-healing screen: Report
Apple is reportedly working on a foldable iPhone with a self-healing display that may fix the normal wear and tear by itself, including scratches and dents.
San Francisco: Apple is reportedly working on a foldable iPhone with a self-healing display that may fix the normal wear and tear by itself, including scratches and dents.
According to AppleInsider, the patent application named "Electronic Devices With Flexible Display Cover Layers" suggests methods for minimizing damage and doing something when the damage occurs. It hints at mixing rigid and flexible areas for a display and utilizing "self-healing."
"An electronic device may have a hinge that allows the device to be flexed about a bend axis. A display may span the bend axis. To facilitate bending about the bend axis without damage, the display may include a display cover layer with a flexible portion," says Apple's patent application.
However, self-healing display feature won't be included in the first generation of foldable iPhones given that the company has already placed a large order with Samsung Display for providing samples for at least one year.
Going by the claim from Ice Universe, it looks like Apple tested out those sample units, and ordered a fresh batch of foldable display samples from Samsung.
Considering the fact that Samsung is a pioneer in this field and that both the brands have good business relations, it makes sense for Apple to rely on Samsung for supplying foldable displays, the report said.
Samsung is considering a move to step up production of foldable screens to 10 million units a year depending on demand.