- Other states following Assam's cancer care model: Himanta Biswa Sarma
- TalentSprint announces new program ‘WISH’ for Women Engineering students
- IAF C-130J makes safe landing at Begumpet airport after technical snag
- Canadian International School hosts its 10th edition of Model United Nations conference
- Nirmala Sitharaman launches Rs 1,000 cr worth infra projects
- Arun Singh Dhumal welcomes England team with 'perfect conditions' at HPCA
- Hindu teacher acquitted in blasphemy case after five years in Pakistan
- 10 Manipur tribal MLAs urge Centre not to cancel 'Suspension of Operations' pact with Kuki militant outfits
- Financial Intelligence Unit slaps Rs 5.49 cr penalty on Paytm Payments Bank
- I want to quit as Trinamool spokesman, but continue as party soldier: Kunal Ghosh
FB working on smartwatch with social, fitness focus
Facebook is reportedly working on a smartwatch that will focus on messaging and health features.
San Francisco: Facebook is reportedly working on a smartwatch that will focus on messaging and health features.
The smartwatch is expected to be feature loaded and would join Facebook's Oculus virtual reality headsets as well as Portal video chat devices as part of the social network's growing hardware ecosystem.
As per the report, Facebook is also working on its own operating system for hardware devices. It is possible that homegrown OS would power future wearables from the company.
Facebook is aiming to start selling its smartwatch next year, with a second-generation planned for as soon as 2023.
The social media giant is planning to sell its upcoming device at close to its production cost, which is also what it does with the Oculus headset.
In addition, Facebook is also working on branded Ray-Ban smart glasses to come out later this year and a separate augmented reality research initiative known as Project Aria, which is part of the company's broader AR explorations.