- YS Jagan Mohan Reddy meets Amit Shah in Delhi
- TDP in poll mode
- ISRO gears up for navigational satellite launch today
- New Delhi: Despite run-ins with Centre, Supreme Court has upheld its independence in last 9 yrs
- New Delhi: Aam Aadmi Party dubs BJP’s 9-year rule as dark era of failure
- I am lucky to be born as NTR’s son: Balakrishna
- Extend support to revive Urdu journalism, Shabbir pleads with Telangana government
- Hyderabad: DRDO assures all support to make India a net defence exporter
- CPI asks Bandi sanjay to control his mouth, says People will not let BJP enter Telangana
- BRS demands BJP MPs to release white paper on their contribution for Telangana development
Google Play Store banned 16 malware-infected apps; delete them straightway
The 16 apps that have been banned on the Google play store were all affected by a new malware called Joker.
In mid of July and the second seven day stretch of September, Google has pulled off 16 applications from the Play Store for being tainted with malware. The primary lot of 11 applications were banned in July this year followed by six more only a few days prior. These 16 applications are no longer on the Google Play Store and can't be downloaded.
These 16 applications that have been pulled out of the application store were entirely affected by another variation of the malware called Joker. Specialists from Check Point found the 11 applications in July this year that were tainted by the malware. Google had been following these applications since 2017, as per reports.
After those 11 applications were taken out, the infamous Joker malware turned up on the Google Play Store again in six new applications that have now been pulled off as well. As indicated by cybersecurity firm Pradeo, these six applications had amassed right around 200,000 downloads before they were pulled off the application store.
These are the 16 apps that have been banned:
These 16 applications are no longer on the Play Store, and by chance, you have any of these on your cell phone you have to delete them at this moment.
This Joker malware that is contaminated these applications is a malicious bot that has been arranged as fleece are. The fundamental errand of this kind of malware is to mimic snaps and block SMS' to subscribe to undesirable paid premium administrations without the clients finding out about it. Joker utilizes a meagre code as could reasonably be expected and completely conceals it to create a circumspect impression that is precarious to distinguish.
Google had recognized Bread (otherwise called Joker) which is a vast scope charging misrepresentation family in 2017 that distinguishes applications that are planned exclusively for SMS extortion.
Recently, Google wrote in a blogpost that the Play Store has presented new approaches and have scaled up protections and Bread applications had to consistently repeat to look for holes and have utilized pretty much every shrouding and muddling method to attempt to go undetected.
Google wrote, "Many of these samples appear to be designed specifically to attempt to slip into the Play Store undetected and are not seen elsewhere."