iOS 13.3 Update: Apple Offers Additional Parental Controls For Screen Time, Bug Fixes And More
iOS 13.3 update is available for all compatible iPhones: iPhone 6s, 6s Plus, iPhone SE, iPhone 7, 7 Plus, iPhone 8, 8 Plus, iPhone X, iPhone XS, XS Max, XR, iPhone 11, 11 Pro and 11 Pro Max
Apple rolled out a new software update for iPhones. iOS 13.3 comes with bug fixes, improvements, parental controls for Screen Time on iPhones and more.
iOS 13.3 update is available for all compatible iPhones: iPhone 6s, 6s Plus, iPhone SE, iPhone 7, 7 Plus, iPhone 8, 8 Plus, iPhone X, iPhone XS, XS Max, XR, iPhone 11, 11 Pro and 11 Pro Max. When the iOS 13.3 update arrives iPhone users should be notified, but one can also check it manually by going to Settings > General > Software Update.
As for iOS 13.3, an essential feature is new parental controls for Screen Time. Apple now gives parents more control over the people their kids can call, FaceTime or even send messages. Parents will also be able to manage the contact list of their kids by choosing which contacts should appear on their devices.
Apple has also updated its News+ app with a new layout for stories from The Wall Street Journal and other newspapers. It has also added a like or dislike button for stories on Apple News+ app. iOS 13.3 update also brings support for NFC, USB, and Lightning FIDO-2-compliant security keys for its Safari browser. Some of the bug fixes include an issue where users cannot delete Gmail messages or download new ones in the Mail app.
Here are the new features that Apple is offering to its users:
- Photos app also has been improved, that enables the creation of a new video clip while trimming a video in Photos
- If the cursor doesn't move after long pressing on the space bar or screenshots appear blurry when sent through Messages, it addresses such issues
- Resolves an issue if cropping or using Markup on screenshots may not save to Photos and Voice Memos recordings may not be able to be shared with other audio apps
- Resolve an issue where the missed call badge on the Phone app may not clear and where the Cellular Data setting may incorrectly show as off
- Fixes an issue that prohibited turning off Dark Mode when Smart Invert was enabled
- Addresses an issue where some wireless chargers may charge more slowly than expected
- Apple News Stories are now available in Canada in English and French
- "Breaking" and "Developing" label for Top Stories