- Women's Reservation Bill gets President's assent, becomes law
- Kejriwal Launched Winter Action Plan
- China's AI-developed weight loss drug may help fight obesity, diabetes
- PM Modi has approval rating of 65% in Sept this year: Ipsos INdiaBus polls
- Double delight for Sarthak, as National Motorcycle Racing Championship Rd-4 kick-off
- Delhi HC restricts unauthorised online broadcasting of ICC Men's Cricket World Cup 2023
- Nadda holds meeting with BJP gen secys on preparations in poll-bound states
- Illicit trade casts shadow on India’s progress towards achieving $5trn economy: Anurag Thakur
- After being in CCI's crosshairs, Google in Data Protection Bill's shadow
- Brahmin Sadan in Suryapet to open on Oct one
CM KCR synonymous with irrigation projects: Kavitha
MLC Kalvakuntla Kavitha said Chief Minister K Chandrashekar Rao is a synonym of canals, check dams and irrigation projects.
Addressing the Irrigation Day celebrations here on Wednesday, MLC Kavitha said that the Chief Minister had changed the face of Telangana by restoring water bodies under the Mission Kakatiya and constructing the Kaleshwaram Lift Irrigation Project and had caused the facility of irrigation water in all over the State.
“The Kaleshwaram is the world’s largest Lift Irrigation Project which lifts river water from an elevation of 81 metres to 613 metres and it is an engineering Marvel. Every Indian should be proud of having such a project in India, Kavitha said.
She said Nizamabad district had immensely benefited from the Kaleshwaram project and about 1.81 lakh acres of land was being cultivated under the project. Moreover, the ground water is increased by 15 metres across the district.
Kavitha alleged that in the combined Andhra Pradesh, Telangana was neglected in all aspects and the elected representatives from the region were under the clutches of Andhra rulers.