Covid recovery rate crosses 97% in Telangana

761 new coronavirus cases, seven deaths in Karnataka
x

761 new coronavirus cases, seven deaths in Karnataka

Highlights

Telangana's Covid-19 recovery rate has crossed 97 per cent with 643 people recovering from the virus as on Sunday

Hyderabad: Telangana's Covid-19 recovery rate has crossed 97 per cent with 643 people recovering from the virus as on Sunday. The state continues to see more recoveries than daily count of new infections. With the latest recoveries, the cumulative number rose to 2,73,013. The State's recovery rate of 97.01 per cent is higher than the national average of 95.5 per cent.

The State reported 592 new positive cases during the 24 hours between Saturday and Sunday, taking the tally to 2,81,414. Three more persons succumbed to the virus during the same period, pushing the toll to 1,513. The state's Covid fatality rate remains at 0.53 per cent against the national average of 1.5 per cent.

According to the director of public health and family welfare, 44.96 per cent of the deaths were due to Covid while the remaining 55.04 per cent were on account of comorbidities. The state now has 6,888 active cases and of them 4,719 are in home or institutional isolation. Over 90 per cent of beds in government-run and private hospitals treating Covid-19 in the state remain vacant.

Out of 8,561 beds available in 61 government hospitals treating Covid, 7,793 beds are vacant. A total of 768 people are undergoing treatment in these hospitals. Similarly, in 219 private hospitals treating Covid patients, only 1,401 beds out of 7,920 are occupied. Of the new cases reported between Saturday and Sunday, Greater Hyderabad accounted for 119.

The daily count in districts remained in single or double digits. Medchal Malkajgiri district saw the second highest number of new cases at 70 followed by Rangareddy (57), Warangal Urban (40), Karimnagar (26) and Sangareddy (20). Of the 41,970 tests conducted, government-run laboratories accounted for 38,250 while remaining 3,720 samples were tested in private labs.

Show Full Article
Print Article
Interested in blogging for thehansindia.com? We will be happy to have you on board as a blogger.
Next Story
More Stories