Hyderabad: Man kills brother-in-law for harassing sister
- Man held for killing brother-in-law in Hyderabad
- The incident occurred at Gurumurthy Nagar near IDPL in Hyderabad.
A man murdered his brother-in-law on Sunday for harassing sister for additional dowry. The incident occurred at Gurumurthy Nagar near IDPL in Hyderabad.
The victim identified as Amer got married to Heena of Kaisarnagar 16 months ago. Heena's family offered Rs 4.5 lakh cash, four tola gold and more to Amer during the marriage.
Not satisfied over dowry, Amer began harassing Heena for additional dowry who returned to her parents home. However, the family members of Heena invited Amer to their home to settle the matter on Saturday.
While discussing the issue, both the parties had a heated argument following which Heena's brother Ismail bludgeoned Amer with an iron rod who succumbed to serious head injuries.
Based on the complaint lodged by Amer parents, the police registered a case and took Ismail into custody.
- Surgeons remove 8 Spoons, Knife, 2 Toothbrushes from a Man's stomach
- Charge sheet filed against accused in Bandipora rape case
- Muslim family in UP names newly-born son after PM Narendra Modi
- Drought situation in Maharashtra is very serious says Sharad Pawar
- Lok Sabha elections: Five legislators among 248 lose deposit in Punjab, AAP worst hit