- South Korea junior doctors' walkout enters fifth day; health services affected
- Kanna Lakshminarayana participate in massive rally in Nandigama
- PM Modi to throw open India’s longest cable-stayed bridge in Gujarat on Feb 25
- Lok Sabha polls 2024: AAP and Cong announce seat sharing tie-up for Haryana, Delhi, Gujarat
- K’taka: FIR filed against activists, nurses in religious conversion case
- Gut microbes may be behind high blood clot risk in some Covid patients
- 4.9 magnitude quake hits Iran
- Sharad Pawar rides 'palki' to Raigad Fort, blows NCP's poll 'Trumpet'
- Article 370 Box Office Collection Day 1: Yami Gautam's Stellar Performance
- Karimnagar district faces dire shortage of fire stations
Hyderabad: Tension in LB Nagar as protestors demand ban on cow slaughter
Tensions prevailed at LB Nagar cross roads with the arrest of Yuga Tulasi foundation members who staged a protest demanding protection of cows and declare it as a national animal.
Hyderabad: Tensions prevailed at LB Nagar cross roads with the arrest of Yuga Tulasi foundation members who staged a protest demanding protection of cows and declare it as a national animal. Yuga Tulasi foundation called for 'Gao Sadak Bandh' demanding a ban on cow slaughtering on Friday.
In the view of the bandh, the police arrested the protestors at Vanasthalipuram and Meerpet before they reach the LB Nagar cross roads to block the traffic. The arrest of protestors resulted in a mild commotion which resulted in the heavy traffic jam on Hyderabad-Vijayawada highway.
The police also detained MLA Raja Singh when he tried to participate in the protest. He demanded the government to declare cow as a national animal and urged to bring a law similar to the Karnataka government which passed an ordinance to ban slaughter of all the cattle except buffaloes aged above 13 years.
The MLA said that there is no end to the protests until the government responds on the issue.