- Police, revenue officials remove 3,000 huts near Renigunta
- National Safety Week celebrations begin in Sri City
- Bazball or whatever you call it, Tests are about playing according to situations: Kumble
- Tirupati: Rajanna Foundation bags award
- Pro Kabaddi League semis kicks off at Gachibowli today
- Hygiene awareness session held for adolescent girls
- Shami undergoes ankle surgery, set to miss IPL
- iOS 18 Update: Expected Features; List of iPhones to Get the Update
- Turkish Women's Cup 2024: Manisha adjudged Best Midfielder
- WFI invites Bajrang, Vinesh, Sakshi for trials, Rio Olympic medallist lashes out
Kamareddy: Show-cause notice issued to sarpanch
Chinna Takkadapalli village sarpanch embezzles 13.75 lakh
Kamareddy: MPDO Srinivas issued show-cause notice to Devubai, sarpanch of Chinna Takkadapalli village, Pedda Kodapagal mandal on Thursday, for misusing Rs 13.75 lakh gram panchayat funds.
After getting information about the irregularities of the sarpanch, the District Panchayat Officer (DPO) investigated into the matter. Sarpanch Devubai admitted that she had forged the signature of Sub-sarpanch Lakshmibai eight times and the forgery was proven scientifically. The DPO directed the MPDO to issue show-cause notice.
According to Revenue Recovery Act, the DPO also directed the MPDO to collect the misused money from the sarpanch along with interest. District Collector Dr A Sharath was told to conduct a comprehensive inquiry into the corruption of the sarpanch.