- Visakhapatnam: HRF functionaries term NIA raids as act of intimidation
- KTR distributes 2BHK houses to 3,722 beneficiaries
- CPM, CITU intensify stir against VSP sale
- Visakhapatnam: Vehicle owners to get digital DLs, RCs
- Vamshichand upset as Kasireddy eyes Kalwakurthy seat
- YSRCP govt spent Rs 3,600 cr on healthcare in 4 yrs: Rajini
- UK visa fee hike effective from today
- Meta may charge users for ad-free FB, Instagram
- 7 more patients die in Nanded hospital
- AP CM likely to visit Delhi on Friday
MLA Podem calls on Governor Tamilisai Soundararajan
Explains the plight of people due to the recent floods
Bhadrachalam: MLA Podem Veeraiah met Governor Tamilsai Soundararajan at Rajbhavan in Hyderabad on Sunday. During the meeting, the MLA urged the Governor to direct the State government to take measures to save Bhadrachalam from floods. He submitted a memorandum to Governor, listing the extent of property loss and the measures need to be taken to prevent their recurrence.
The MLA also took up the issues of the five panchayats of Yetpaka, Kannayagudem, Purushothapatnam, Gundal and Pitchukulapadu which were merged in AP. Their interests were not being taken care of the AP government and it recently ignored their plight during the floods. The people were no longer willing to continue their villages in Andhra Pradesh. They took out protests and demanded their re-merger into Telangna State, he informed the Governor.
Veeraiah also stated that the TRS government had not conducted local body elections in Bhadrachlam major panchayat. The elections were last conducted in 2014. Congress party leaders B Srinivas, N Venkanna, S Naresh, B Satish, B Ramu and Aditya accompanied the MLA.