- Rs 1.47cr worth devpt projects launched in Khammam
- Khammam: BJP Kisan Morcha joins ‘Swachh’ initiative
- Renovated Brahmin Sadan inaugurated by Allola, Jagdish
- Khushi Kapoor making waves at Paris Fashion Week
- SRM IHM presented prestigious award
- Nizamabad: Arya Vaishya Sangham gets new assn building
- KTR asks PM to retract remarks on KCR, TS
- Will adopt Ramagudam if MLA re-elected
- Babji elected as VBFS honorary president
- Vijayawada: Dandia workshop inaugurated
Pot of gold coins found while house construction in Telangana's Gadwal
- Pot of gold coins found while house construction in Gadwal
- The labourers who found the pot of gold shared the gold between themselves
A man found a pot of gold coins while digging his plot for house construction at Manapadu in Jogulamba Gadwal district. The police on Wednesday arrested nine persons who had taken the gold coins and seized the gold from them.
CI Venkateshwarlu said that the labourers found the pot of gold while house construction of one Jana Reddy and shared the gold between themselves without informing Jana Reddy. The labourers said that there were 98 gold coins in the pot each of 3 grams. "Some of the labourers turned the gold coins into ornaments while a few sold them," the police said.
The police recovered 12.12 tolas of gold ornaments and Rs 4.6 lakh cash. The CI said that the labourers, gold and cash will be produced before the court.