- BJP President J P Nadda to arrive on Monday for two-day visit to Karnataka
- Jharkhand: 3 arrested in Spanish woman's gang rape sent to jail, police say search on for 4 more
- Imran Khan’s party elects Gohar Ali Khan as its chairman
- Japanese general witnesses exercise 'Dharma Guardian' at Mahajan Field Firing Ranges
- Centre suffering from 'anti-Punjab' syndrome: Kejriwal
- MP CM, ministers to pray at Ram Temple in Ayodhya on Monday
- Tejashwi responds to Modi's barbs about father Lalu Prasad at Patna rally
- CCL: Riteish's Mumbai Heroes pull off thrilling 1-run win over Bhojpuri Dabanggs
- UAE: Sharjah Ramadan Festival 2024 to begin on March 8
- Bengal BJP chief injured as car in his convoy meets with accident
Protect planted saplings in Dammaiguda: Collector Vasam Venkateshwarlu
Medchal District Collector Vasam Venkateshwarlu inspected saplings planted on the medians from Outer Ring Road in Keesara to Dammaiguda on Wednesday
Dammaiguda: Medchal District Collector Vasam Venkateshwarlu inspected saplings planted on the medians from Outer Ring Road in Keesara to Dammaiguda on Wednesday.
He said every planted sapling should be protected. He directed Municipal Commissioner Swamy and MPDO Padmavathi to make sure dead saplings are replaced with new ones.
He directed Cheryal Sarpanch to ensure weeds on either side of roads are removed. He called upon people's representatives, officials and people to take part in the 6th phase of Haritha Haram programme.
The collector has also visited Oxyzen park in Kandlakoya. He said the responsibility of protecting the environment lies with everyone. "Everyone should plant saplings and rise them. Medchal district has 7.5 per cent forest land. There is a need to increase it to 13 per cent," he added.
The collector called upon everyone to maintain social distancing and wear masks to protect themselves from Coronavirus.