- WPL 2024: 'Renuka's two wickets gave Gujarat shock they couldn’t recover from', says Saba Karim
- Tech Mahindra, Pegatron sign MoU to develop AI-enabled private 5G networks
- PM Modi to inaugurate Rs 1,393 cr coalfield projects in Madhya Pradesh tomorrow
- Sachin invites the world to 'come and experience Jammu & Kashmir'
- BJP put up good fight in Assembly polls
- Elaborate arrangements made for Inter exams
- Ensure drinking water supply in city: Mayor
- Cong workers obstruct Bandi’s yatra
- Mahabubnagar: Local bodies MLC elections from March 28
- Complete registration of house sites soon: collector to officials
Sailing events held in Hyderabad put India in International map: Governor
Participating as Chief Guest at the 34th Hyderabad Sailing Week held at Hussainsagar, Hyderabad on Tuesday, Governor of Andhra Pradesh and Telangana E.S.L. Narasimhan
Hyderabad: Participating as Chief Guest at the 34th Hyderabad Sailing Week held at Hussainsagar, Hyderabad on Tuesday, Governor of Andhra Pradesh and Telangana E.S.L. Narasimhan and said that out of the 33 Sailing week events held so far, he has been fortunate to be part of the Sailing events for over a decade and said he always looks forward to this event every year because it gives him the fresh air which is not available at many of the places. He said that is the reason why he prefers to attend these events every year.
The Governor said the sailing events held at Hussainsagar in Hyderabad every year are extremely well organised by the EME Sailing Club and the Secunderabad Sailing Club and said he is happy to note that the Telangana govt has been extending cooperation and giving incentives for the promotion of sailing competitions in the city. He said the Hussainsagar and the sailing competitions held there has provided a platform to many budding youngsters to participate in sailing competitions in the country and win medals over the years.
Narasimhan said Miss Ashwini, Miss Kirthi, Master Ajay and Sanjay of Telangana Sports School, have achieved national acclaim in the field of sailing starting their career from the events held at Hussainsagar in Hyderabad. Governor Narasimhan appreciated the sustainable efforts by various sailing associations to put Hyderabad city and India in the International sailing map.
Earlier, Lt.Gen. Paramjit Singh, AVSM, VSM, Commodore EME Sailing Association and Shashidhar, President of Secunderabad Club, welcomed the Governor.