- Mem Famous Impressive Earnings during First Weekend
- 34 trees translocated to NIMS campus in Hyderabad
- Praj Industries (PRJ IN) - Q4FY23 Result Update - Healthy performance
- Voltamp Transformers (VAMP IN) - Q4FY23 Result Update - Strong overall performance: beat on all fronts
- Moderate to heavy rainfall in Telangana for next five days, predicts MeT
- The Soulful Song ‘Ram Sita Ram’ Is Out From Prabhas And Kriti Sanon’s ‘Adipurush’
- City Union Bank (CUBK IN) - Q4FY23 Result Update - Earnings quality being tested
- 7 key things to keep in mind before buying your next Air Conditioner
- KTR condemns police action on protesting wrestlers in Delhi
- Harsha Engineers International (HARSHA IN) - Q4FY23 Result Update - Revival in margins
Sarpanch, husband attempt suicide at Collectorate
Together we have done development projects in the village with our own funds of Rs2 crore’, the couple say
Nizamabad: A woman sarpanch and her husband, a ward member, attempted suicide in front of the collector's office on Monday after being upset over non-payment of pending bills.
Nandipet village Sarpanch Sambar Vani and her husband, Tirupati, a ward member, reached the Collector's office on Monday seeking justice.
Due to lack of response expected from the Zilla Panchayat officials, the couple who suffered mental torture attempted to commit suicide. Together we have done development projects in the village with our own funds of Rs2 crore. The sarpanch alleged that now the State government is harassing them by not giving pending bills. The couple complained that the deputy sarpanch was causing trouble by not signing the cheques. He said that he was elected from BJP and joined BRS with the intention of development, but he did not stop harassing me.
The couple expressed their grief that Armoor MLA Jeevan Reddy was also harassing them. They said that they would commit suicide by pouring kerosene on them, thinking that suicide was the last resort, as justice was not done by the authorities.
He expressed that he supported ten people and now my situation is worse. We have taken Rs 2 crore as interest. They said that their interest has reached up to Rs 3 crore. The sarpanch said, "I am in a bad situation as I have no money in hand and pending bills." She asked the authorities to respond and do justice to her.