- Jio Launches JioTag for Rs 749; JioTag vs Apple AirTag
- Gopichand Malineni launches ‘7:11 PM’ teaser
- ‘Kalaya Nijama’ from ‘Calling Sahasra’ is a cool melody
- On-the-job learning through internships
- Instagram promotes child porn; Elon Musk reacts
- AIMK students received Summer Internship Placements for MBA 2022-2024
- TS PGECET 2023 released: Check the link here
- Talcher observes bandh for separate district
- Nathuram Godse too was a 'patriot': Ex-Uttarakhand CM Trivendra Rawat
- AAP MP Raghav Chadha Has Been Ordered By The Court To Remain At His Official Home
Two foreigners arrested, DRI seizes 14 kg of smuggled gold
The officials of the Directorate of Revenue Intelligence (DRI), Hyderabad on Thursday recovered 14 kg of smuggled gold worth Rs 5.46 crore at Rajiv Gandhi International Airport in Shamshabad.
Hyderabad: The officials of the Directorate of Revenue Intelligence (DRI), Hyderabad on Thursday recovered 14 kg of smuggled gold worth Rs 5.46 crore at Rajiv Gandhi International Airport in Shamshabad.
According to sleuths, based on specific intelligence, they searched the area around two seats bearing numbers 31 A and 32 A of Air India Flight AI 952, which has come from Dubai to India in the early hours on Thursday and found seven long strips, tightly wrapped in black adhesive tape and concealed inside hollow pipes located under both the seats.
The two passengers, one is from South Korea and other from China confessed and revealed in the interrogation that they had carried gold with them from Dubai and had concealed the smuggled gold beneath their seats before exiting from the aircraft.
After unwrapping the black tapes, the officials found 112 yellow metal bars of 24 carat gold to be the purity of 99.5 per cent.
On enquiry, when the two passengers did not produce any documents to prove the licit purchase or import of the gold, the officials seized the gold under Customs Act, 1962 and arrested them.