- Good news for Nani fans; Vivek Athreya coming with an action script this time!
- Puttaparthi: Farmers told to use tools to reduce cultivation costs
- Introduce telemedicine services in nephrology wing: TTD EO
- Gurugram: Property registration in 65 illegal colonies banned
- Govt promoting caste-based professions: Minister Talasani Srinivasa Yadav
- ‘BJP is daydreaming, they don’t understand South India’: BRS
- Amit Shah set to visit Khammam on June 15
- Priest sent to judicial custody for killing illicit lover in Hyderabad
- TDP leaders meet Anam Ramanarayana Reddy in Nellore, speculations rife on party switching
- Vijayan invites Pfizer to open research centre in Kerala
Warangal to witness speedy development: Chief Whip
With continuous elections around for the last one year and model code of conduct in force, developmental activity in Warangal had taken a dent, Government Chief Whip D Vinay Bhaskar said.
Hanamkonda: With continuous elections around for the last one year and model code of conduct in force, developmental activity in Warangal had taken a dent, Government Chief Whip D Vinay Bhaskar said. Speaking at the Meet the Press here on Friday, Vinay said that he had worked with commitment in the statehood movement and for the welfare of people since the TRS came to power in Telangana.
"Efforts were on to provide double bedroom houses to all the poor in the city. It's apparent that due to elections in last one year, invariably the progress of several developmental works got affected. And all those are being speeded up," Vinay said.
He said that installation of central lighting, development of several parks and other works indicate the commitment of the government. "The then Congress government wasn't concerned about the Kaloji Foundation's requisition, but after the TRS came to power, the government grounded the works of Kaloji Kalakshetram. Its construction would be completed very soon," he said.
Chief Minister K Chandrashekar Rao is committed to develop Warangal as a next destination after Hyderabad, he said. Bhadrakali bund beautification, development of Padmakshi temple and Jain site are nearing completion. These initiatives are likely to improve tourism economy in the city, he added.
He said that construction of second road over bridge (RoB) near Fathima Nagar will be taken up soon. The government completed land acquisition for the periodical overhauling (POH) coming up in Kazipet, he said.
The Chief Whip accused the Congress and Bharatiya Janata Party (BJP) of resorting to mudslinging against TRS Government despite witnessing the all-round development in the State.
"Its shame on BJP, which is predicting the fall of TRS government like it happened to the Congress-JD(S) coalition in Karnataka," Vinay said, daring the BJP leaders to bring pending funds and projects of the Telangana by pursuing their national leadership.
Warangal Press Club President Thumma Sridhar Reddy, general secretary Perumandla Venkat, treasurer Bommineni Sunil Reddy, senior journalists Dasari Krishna Reddy and BR Lenin were among others present.