- 'Barbaric crime': Kerala HC sentences 12 convicts in TP murder to rigorous life imprisonment
- Adani Group’s ammunition plants open in Kanpur, locals overjoyed over jobs generation
- Global TV shipments drop 3% in 2023
- Congress government in Telangana implements two more guarantees
- Turkish Women's Cup 2024: Manisha Kalyan adjudged Best Midfielder as India finish runner-up
- Byju's NCLT hearing: Investors allege over $500 mn diversion to hedge fund in US
- AirAsia looks to add Tier 2/3 cities to its India route map
- SAI centres to induct 200 para-sports athletes in 2024-25, says Minister Anurag Singh Thakur
- 'Diamond to Gold': Sachin Jain to be World Gold Council's India head
- Congress has lost majority in House: HP LoP
15-foot python found
A 15 feet long python found near an irrigation tank at Ankampalem village in Atreyapuram mandal, created panic among the locals on Thursday afternoon.
Kakinada: A 15 feet long python found near an irrigation tank at Ankampalem village in Atreyapuram mandal, created panic among the locals on Thursday afternoon. Some children of the village, who went to the area for fishing, ran for life after noticing the python.
Later, some village youth, who tried to catch it could not succeed as it entered the irrigation tank. When the python came out of the water after some time, the youth caught it in an iron cage and informed the forest department.
When contacted, East Godavari DFO Nandini Salaria confirmed that the python was rescued and later left in the forest area in the district. This was the second incident of this kind in the area. Recently, one leopard surfaced in Ankampalem village creating panic among locals. The forest department and the Visakha Zoo authorities acted then in catching the leopard.