- Chilukur: Crops begin to wither away in Feb itself
- Karimnagar: Police clampdown on land mafia leaves natas tense
- Signal launches usernames to keep your phone number private
- Vijayawada: Polio drops to be administered to 53.35L children in AP
- Entrepreneurial households driving next economic wave
- After Apple, Google to Manufacture Pixel Smartphones in India
- Vijayawada District Congress president Gundlakunta Sriramulu slams govt. For supressing opposition party
- Kadapa Mayor congratulates Bishop Issac on third anniversary as CSI president
- Profit booking halts 6-day bull run
- Uppercase unveils school backpacks
9 hurt in crude bomb explosion in Srikakulam
Nine persons sustained injuries when a crude bomb exploded in a roofed house at Yathapeta on the outskirts of Srikakulam city on Wednesday.
Srikakulam: Nine persons sustained injuries when a crude bomb exploded in a roofed house at Yathapeta on the outskirts of Srikakulam city on Wednesday.
Among the injured the condition of two is said to be critical. According to fire service officials and police, a couple Y Ramana and Laxmi is residing in a rented house belonging to J Pentamma at Yathapeta.
The couple has been reportedly manufacturing country-made bombs which are being used to kill pigs and other animals. A bomb unexpectedly exploded on Wednesday and under the impact of explosion, the roof of the house collapsed, and residents of adjacent houses also sustained of injuries.
The injured have been identified as Y Ramana, Y Laxmi, J Pentamma, P Ramesh, A Srilaxmi, P Durgaprasad, I Raju, Y Sandeep and M Appanna. Along with these persons, a two-year-old boy Nitin also received injuries. Among the injured, the condition of the two is said to be critical.