Top

Andhra Pradesh: All set for distribution of dairy cattle to the women today under YSR Cheyutha

Chief Minister YS Jagan Mohan Reddy
x

 Chief Minister YS Jagan Mohan Reddy

Highlights

The government of Andhra Pradesh is all set to launch yet another scheme today in the state.

ADVERTISEMENT

The government of Andhra Pradesh is all set to launch yet another scheme today in the state. Chief Minister YS Jagan Mohan Reddy will inaugurate the distribution of cattle units to women through YSR Cheyutha and Asara scheme through video conference. He will also start Amul activities. The cattle distribution program will be held in all the districts of the state and will distribute cash to the beneficiaries who have sold milk in 400 villages in Prakasam, Chittoor and YSR districts. It is known that the state government has entered into an agreement with Amul. The state government has decided to distribute one lakh units from the 5th of this month till February next year, as well as 3.68 lakh cattle units in phases between August next year and February 2022.

The government plans to provide additional income to SC, ST, BC and minority women between the ages of 45 and 60 in the state through YSR Cheyutha. Amul has been collecting milk produced by the women who already has the cattle and contemplating to procure and distribute the cattle to the women who don't have.

About 4.90 lakh women across the state have applied for dairy cattle and later more 72,795 have applied with which the government has decided to purchase a total of 5.63 lakh dairy cattle. The villages with 9,899 Rythu Bharosa Kendras with high milk production will be identified and bulk milk cooling centers will be set up in three phases. It has been decided to set up 7,125 automatic milk collection centers at a cost of Rs 1,362.22 crore in three phases.

The government has agreed to borrow 80 per cent of the funds from the National Co-operative Development Corporation while remaining 20 per cent will be funded by the state government. A bulk milk cooling unit at a cost of Rs. 11 lakh will be set up at an area of ​​five cents in addition to the farmer assurance centers at a cost of Rs 11 lakh and each milk collection center at a cost of Rs 4 lakh. The government has made it possible for women across the state to apply for cattle.

Show Full Article
Print Article
Next Story
More Stories