- Army installs National Flag at War Memorial in J&K's Poonch
- Cisco to acquire cybersecurity leader Splunk for $28 bn in GenAI era
- Excercise your right to vote to elect righteous people.Additional Collector Cheerla
- Punjab CM seeks Governor’s intervention for release of central fund of Rs 5,637 crore
- No Constitutional transgression: RS Chairman Dhankhar slams Venugopal
- She Teams caught 55 people red handed for teasing women at Ganesh Pandals in Hyd
- JICA and 8 Japanese organisations supporting IIT Hyderabad host Japan Week
- General elections in Pakistan in last week of January 2024: ECP
- OnePlus Open foldable smartphone launching soon; Expected launch date and features
- Unlocking your career path: The art of information interviewing
Andhra Pradesh: Megha to re-start concrete works in Polavaram Spillway channel today
The Andhra Pradesh government has embarked on another key milestone in Polavaram with Irrigation officials and Megha engineering experts will start concrete work on the Polavaram spill channel (at 10.30 am) shortly.
The Andhra Pradesh government has embarked on another key milestone in Polavaram with Irrigation officials and Megha engineering experts will start concrete work on the Polavaram spill channel (at 10.30 am) shortly. Spill channel earthworks and concrete works were halted by floods in July 2020, and floodwaters that stood at more than 3 TMC for the floods where flood relief works started from November 20, 2020, with the installation of nearly 70 heavy pumps to pump flood water.
Megha Engineering Company will start excavation and concrete work at the site where the water was removed. Megha engineering experts have already pumped 2.5 TMC of floodwater into the Godavari river. Excavation work started in the spill channel and construction work of internal roads.
It is noted that 1,10,033 cubic meters of concrete work have been completed and 10,64,417 cubic meters of earth excavation work in Spill Channel were completed. Meanwhile, the authorities plan to complete the remaining excavation and concrete construction work by June this year