- Cyberabad: Inter state spurious seed racket busted
- The land earmarked for public purposes would not be cancelled even after 5 years : Karnataka High Court
- RBI Monetary Policy: Abhay Bhutada, MD Poonavala Fincorp
- Sequels to fight at B-town box-office
- Khammam: Cheated by agent, 17 labourers from district detained in Malaysia
- Andhra Pradesh: Husband kills wife for seeking divorce in Anakapalli
- SCR Cancels Three Trains due to ongoing restoration works in Odisha
- Siblings killed in road accident in Hanamkonda
- Russia reports heavy fighting in Zaporizhzhia region of Ukraine
- How to use WhatsApp Channels and all details
Andhra Pradesh: Police arrests three document writers in fake challan case in Kadapa
Police have arrested three document writers in the Kadapa sub-registrar's office in a case of fake challans. Jinka Ramakrishna, Lakshminarayana, and Guruprakash were taken into custody. They were found to have embezzled Rs 1 crore three lakhs with fake challans.
Police have arrested three document writers in the Kadapa sub-registrar's office in a case of fake challans. Jinka Ramakrishna, Lakshminarayana, and Guruprakash were taken into custody. They were found to have embezzled Rs 1 crore three lakhs with fake challans. Police said Rs. 67 lakh was recovered from the accused and laptops and printing equipment were seized from the accused.
It is learned that Chief Minister Jaganmohan Reddy yesterday questioned the authorities on the issue of fake challans in the offices of the Sub-Registrar. He expressed anguish over the authorities for not being alert until the ACB raids. "If mistakes are made at this level why don't they come to our attention? What action was taken against those responsible? Are systems running smoothly at the field level?" YS Jagan questioned.
The chief minister said that the corruption in government departments must be curbed and directed to receive surveillance information from the field level if necessary.
It is learned that the issue of counterfeit challans has come to light in 17 Sub-Registrar's offices across the state. The Department of Stamps and Registration has issued directions to take action against those responsible for the affair. Authorities are preparing for action in the wake of this. Kurnool district, Nandyal sub-registrar, and junior assistants have been suspended by the district authorities earlier. From April to July 2021, 54 fake invoices were detected.