- We are distressed and disturbed: 1983 World Cup champs
- Khammam made rapid progress during BRS rule says Puvvada Ajay Kumar
- Nagarkurnool: BRS unveiled biggest land scam through Dharani, alleges Bhatti Vikramarka
- Mahbubnagar: Congress thanks ‘Mother Sonia Gandhi’ for giving Telangana
- Man collapses while playing shuttle in Jagtial, dies
- Khammam: Congress celebrates Telangana State Day grandly
- Suryapet: G Jagadish Reddy pooh-poohs BJP’s tall claim of development
- Nalgonda: Gaiety and pomp mark Telangana Formation Day
- Odisha Train Accident Live Updates: Railway minister announces ₹10 lakh ex gratia for kin of deceased, ₹2 lakh for those severely injured
- Over 1,000 future leaders of Indian agriculture and agribusiness to be honored by Indian agribusiness leaders
AP Assembly Budget Sessions: Five TDP MLAs suspended for creating turmoil in the house
The speaker made a key decision and suspended TDP MLAs Atchennaidu, Butchaiah Chowdhary, Payyavula Keshav, Ramanaidu and DBV Swamy. Speaker Tammineni announced that the suspension would be imposed until the end of the Assembly budget meetings.
The war of words between YSRCP and TDP continued over a series of mystery deaths in Jangareddygudem in West Godavari district. The TDP insisted on a debate in the assembly on Monday on the serial deaths. As soon as the meeting started, TDP members blocked the meeting and went into the speaker podium and chanted slogans against the government. Minister of State for Home Affairs Buggana Rajendranath said they were ready to discuss all issues after the question and answer session. The meeting was adjourned as TDP members did not go to their seats.
As soon as the house resumed, the TDP members raised concerns and the government took it seriously. The speaker made a key decision and suspended TDP MLAs Atchennaidu, Butchaiah Chowdhary, Payyavula Keshav, Ramanaidu and DBV Swamy. Speaker Tammineni announced that the suspension would be imposed until the end of the Assembly budget meetings.
TDP members chanted slogans to allow discussion while Deputy CM Alla Nani was making a statement in the House on the serial deaths of Jangareddygudem. The TDP members surrounded the speaker podium shredded the papers. On this occasion, Speaker Tammineni Sitaram expressed his anger over the TDP MLAs.