- UPA govt refused to hike Karnataka’s share from 30% to 40%: BJP
- MEA responds to Indians caught in conflict in Russia, urges caution
- IIT Bombay’s new low-cost, thin coating material can reduce record heat
- Elon Musk says Gmail’s alternative Xmail is coming soon
- Goa AAP MLA demands dropping of cases against ‘mob’ involved in attacking BJP minister
- Six killed in millitary, NPA rebels clash in Philippines
- Bank deposits losing attractiveness as govt savings schemes see strong growth
- 4th Test: Root, Foakes bat out entire session as England reach 198/5 at tea
- Atlantis The Royal welcomes Louis Vuitton's Iconic Mascot, Vivienne
- India’s GDP to log 6.4% growth in Q3 FY24
AP chief minister YS Jagan assures to provide 4 lakh jobs by August 15
- YS Jagan promises to provide four lakh jobs in the state
- He also promised to ban liquor in the state
Andhra Pradesh chief minister YS Jagan Mohan Reddy assured to provide four lakh jobs to youth in the state by August 15, 2019. He also promised to ban liquor in the state in three phases aiming to prohibit it completely by the end of his tenure.
YS Jagan said that volunteers will be appointed for each and every village. One volunteer will be appointed for every 50 houses in the village with a salary of Rs 5,000 per month.
He also announced for a corruption-free rule in the state and asked the people to accord six months time for complete change the administration.
The YSRCP chief has taken oath as second chief minister of Andhra Pradesh here at Indira Gandhi Municipal stadium in Vijayawada where all the leaders of the party, Telangana chief minister K Chandrasekhar Rao and DMK chief Stalin were seen.