- Vijayawada District Congress president Gundlakunta Sriramulu slams govt. For supressing opposition party
- Kadapa Mayor congratulates Bishop Issac on third anniversary as CSI president
- Profit booking halts 6-day bull run
- Uppercase unveils school backpacks
- Kurnool: Officials told to address drinking water woes
- DPI-led GDP to reach $8-trn level by 2030
- FM for weeding out illegal loan apps
- Tirupati: Pulse polio programme to be held on March 3
- Gambhir-Tiwary Clash: Untold Details of Explosive KKR Dressing Room Conflict
- Shanmukh Jaswanth arrest: Police takes the youtube sensation into custody in drugs case
Call to save water, environment
Everyone should take responsibility to protect drinking water and environment from getting polluted, said SRKR Engineering College in-charge principal Dr M Jagapathiraju.
Bhimavaram: Everyone should take responsibility to protect drinking water and environment from getting polluted, said SRKR Engineering College in-charge principal Dr M Jagapathiraju.
He participated in the World Earth Day celebrations here on Thursday. He expressed his concern over depleting groundwater levels due to overuse and misuse of the natural resource. The shortage of groundwater will make life difficult for our future generations, he said.
Environmental expert and SRKR Engineering College R and D dean Dr PA Krishnamraju worried over uncontrolled aquaculture activity. He said greedy people have been digging hundreds of metres for saltwater bores. Excessive use of pesticides has made delta into cancer zone, he warned.
He suggested that the government has to take quick action against the greedy elements violating rules and regulations to cause damage to the environment. He called for creating awareness among people on the problems likely to be faced by our future generations because of excessive use of plastic. Prizes were distributed to the students who had won in the essay-writing competition on the solutions of environmental problems.