- New York City declares emergency over flash flooding
- Indian High Commissioner's gurdwara visit blocked by pro-Khalistan extremists
- TS govt sans Nari Shakti: Governor
- Rs 2,000 note exchange date extended till Oct 7
- Grand opening of Interwood’s 16th Exclusive Brand outlet at Hyderabad
- Rakesh Sharma Director of ITV Group elected as new president of INS
- Asian Games: India stun Korea for historic maiden entry in men's team badminton final
- Asian Games: India thrash Pakistan 10-2, hand archrivals biggest defeat ever
- Hockey Association of Odisha beat Hockey Jharkhand in Sub-Junior men, women finals
- Day after alleged manhandling, model turned actress Archana Gautam suspended from Congress
Centre committed to complete Polavaram: Kanna Lakshminarayana
State BJP president Kanna Lakshminarayana said that they would meet Union Minister for Water Resources (Jal Shakti) Gajendra Singh Shekhawat on October 13 to discuss on the Polavaram Project.
Vijayawada: State BJP president Kanna Lakshminarayana said that they would meet Union Minister for Water Resources (Jal Shakti) Gajendra Singh Shekhawat on October 13 to discuss on the Polavaram Project.
Speaking to the mediapersons in Guntur city on Thursday, he said that they would visit the Polavaram Project on Friday before meeting the Union Minister. They would directly visit the project dam and get information from the officials on the details of the work, he said.
"They would discuss the progress and other problems of Polavaram with the officials of the project. The BJP is committed to complete the project at any cost," he said.
He also said that the BJP would conduct Gandhi Sankalp Bus Yatra in connection with Mahatma Gandhi's 150th birth anniversary celebrations.
The BJP MPs would take part in the yatra and they would visit all the Parliamentary constituencies in the country. The BJP would conduct the yatra to spread an awareness to follow the ideologies of Mahatma Gandhi and also recall the way which was shown by him to the people.