- Tirupati: Surge in pilgrim rush
- Asian Games: India's success in shooting at Hangzhou charted inside a 'war room' in NCR
- K'taka CM felicitates gold medal-winning Indian blind women's cricket team
- Decision to be taken after discussion with a team of experts: CM assures the protesters
- Will weight loss help lower heart disease risk?
- RBI to maintain rates, real estate sector to be disappointed
- Demand for a new formula to release Cauvery water in times of crisis: DCM DK Shivakumar
- Death toll from Nagorno-Karabakh fuel depot blast rises to 170
- Fresh Raj Bhavan-Bengal Secretariat tussle over Guv’s recommendations on VC appointment search panel
- Being born as girl in MP is curse, Cong slams Shivraj govt over Ujjain rape case
Chandrababu Naidu accuses Jagan of destroying system
Describing the Chief Minister Y S Jagan Mohan Reddy’s rule “reverse rule”, TDP president and former chief minister N Chandrababu Naidu said the government in the state had become completely paralysed and the development had been stalled.
Kakinada: Describing the Chief Minister Y S Jagan Mohan Reddy's rule "reverse rule", TDP president and former chief minister N Chandrababu Naidu said the government in the state had become completely paralysed and the development had been stalled.
He accused Jagan Mohan Reddy of destroying all the systems driving people of the state into a gloomy situation. "Capital Amaravati has become an orphan, Polavaram project, the lifeline to the state, has been stalled and welfare schemes like distribution of pensions have become a mockery," he said.
Naidu visited the city for the first time on Thursday after tasting massive defeat in elections. Addressing the party cadres at Lakshmi Parinaya Function hall near Achampet junction, the TDP national president any move to shift capital to another place would cause huge loss to farmers who sacrificed their lands for the cause of capital for new state.
Dismissing suggestions by ruling YSRCP leaders that the Amaravati was flood-prone area, he alleged that Jagan deliberately got the floodwaters held before releasing them with an intention to flood his rented house during recent floods and created the impression that his residence would be inundated.
"Construction of Polavaram project and building of capital Amaravati were two eyes for me. In case of Polavaram, 71 per cent of works have been completed and the remaining 29 per cent have to be completed.
We construction Pattiseema Lift Irrigation Scheme on the instructions of the Central government, but the YSRCP conducted a false propaganda that irregularities and corruption took place in it," he said.
Naidu said that he had created a history in completing Purushottapatnam Lift Irrigation Scheme in time and added that when he was in power, there were no power cuts and the people have enjoyed the power round-the-clock without any interruption.
Stating that contractors of several projects had invested their own money to complete the projects in a phased manner, he wondered why Jagan had stopped payments to them.
On sand scarcity, he accused the government of creating artificial shortage and destroying livelihood of lakhs of workers besides looting people by taking the cost of sand Rs 10,000 a lorry.
Former deputy chief Minister Nimmakayala Chinarajappa, former finance minister Yanamala Ramakrishnudu, former MLAs Kondababu, S V S N Varma, Pilli Anantha Lakshmi and others were at present. Earlier, the leaders welcomed Naidu on a grand scale. Naidu will continue will conduct constituency-wise meetings with party leaders and cadres on Friday in the city.