- Immunity given to lawmakers should not protect them from criminal prosecution for accepting bribes: Centre in Supreme Court
- 'I am not as communal as I am made out to be': Smriti Irani's swipe at Oppn
- 2 terrorists killed in Kashmir encounter, identified
- SC releases accused, who couldn't comply with HC condition, on bail after 3 years
- Nitish Kumar must answer how JD-U MLC was able to obtain caste survey data: Sushil Modi
- 'Gehlot Saheb, 2023 comes before 2030, have you forgotten count', Nadda takes dig at Raj CM
- What happened on October 5 in History?
- Apollo Medical College hosts 'White Coat Ceremony'
- Know about cybersecurity trends
- Youth shot at by unidentified gunmen in J&K’s Anantnag
Chandrababu writes to YS Jagan, demands to act on sand mining in Chinchinada
TDP chief Chandrababu wrote a letter to Andhra Pradesh Chief Minister Jagan Mohan Reddy regarding illegal soil mining in Dalit lands of Chichinada, West Godavari district
TDP chief Chandrababu wrote a letter to Andhra Pradesh Chief Minister Jaganmohan Reddy regarding illegal soil mining in Dalit lands of Chichinada, West Godavari district accused some people resorting to illegal so excavation against the rules. He alleged that Dalits who were protesting were attacked and injured.
In a letter written to the CM, Chandrababu demanded that those who attacked Dalits be severely punished.
Chandrababu reminded that the Dalits of Chinchinada village of Yalamanchili mandal have been cultivating the assigned lands allotted to them in Enuguanilanka village for 60 years.
He also recalled that the Dalits were attacked on the 6th of this month while protesting against these excavations and criticised that the police did not take the seriously injured to the nearby Palakollu Hospital, but took them to the Tadepalligudem Government Hospital, 70 km away.
Alleging the government of trying to save the culprits, Naidu demanded a punishment to accused.