- Zydus gets USFDA nod to market generic medication
- Amid murmurs of new CM face in MP, Chouhan's 'power show' on
- Investigating various milk varieties
- Adani stocks outperform Nifty over last seven days
- BJP MPs, including Union ministers, elected to assemblies quit Parliament; likely to join state governments
- Parts of city suffer from inundation, relief work expedited
- Volkswagen India offers priority check for Michaung flood-damaged vehicles; beefs up staff, spares
- Markets scale fresh lifetime highs; Nifty nears 21k-level
- About 33,000 notices sent by CBIC officers for discrepancies in GST returns filed in FY18, FY19
- Gold plunges Rs 400; silver tumbles Rs 400
CNG garbage collection vehicle introduced in Vijayawada
VMC Commissioner V Prasanna Venkatesh on Friday inspected the demo of the new CNG vehicle which collects dry and wet garbage.
Vijayawada: VMC Commissioner V Prasanna Venkatesh on Friday inspected the demo of the new CNG vehicle which collects dry and wet garbage. Tata motors and Jasper industries have designed the new vehicle to collect the garbage.
The Commissioner said that the garbage which was segregated by push cart and dumped at a location in the division and loaded into compost vehicle was taking a long time and could transport small quantities.
However, with the new vehicle with three cubic meters capacity, the wet and dry garbage can be shifted quickly. The Commissioner further said the CNG compact vehicle was introduced at VMC Vijayawada for the first time in the State. With the latest GPS equipment, the vehicle can be tracked online and the vehicle will be used on experimental basis in a few divisions.
On the occasion, Rekha Agriplus Limited managing director Loknath Gupta donated fogging machines to the VMC for controlling mosquitoes in the city. Chief Medical Officer Dr K Arjun Rao, executive engineer Chandrashekar, ADH Jyothi and others were present.