Collector, SP inspect strongrooms
District Election Officer Praveen Kumar and SP Ravi Prakash inspected strongrooms wherein EVMs have been preserved here on Tuesday.
Eluru: District Election Officer Praveen Kumar and SP Ravi Prakash inspected strongrooms wherein EVMs have been preserved here on Tuesday. They inspected three-tier security system at the strongrooms. Speaking on the occasion, the Collector said that the EVMs used in the general elections in the district have been accommodated in 58 strong rooms at different places in the city.
He announced that a special command control room was set up on the premises of strong rooms to monitor security round-the-clock through CC cameras. The security has been tightened at the strongrooms, he revealed.In Ramachandra Engineering College, the EVMs pertaining to Eluru, Chintalapudi, Polavaram, Denduluru and Unguturu assembly segments under Eluru parliamentary constituency were preserved.
EVMs under Kovvuru, Gopalapuram and Nidadavole assembly segments under Rajamahendravaram parliamentary constituency were stored at CR Reddy Engineering College. The Collector and SP verified log books at strongrooms and put their signatures. The two officials reviewed security and gave instructions to the concerned staff.
- PDP president Mufti hits out at PM for bringing nuclear bombs in political discourse
- Delhi HC seeks CBI, Michel's lawyer response on plea challenging phone call limit
- Election Commission transfers seven Bengal police officers
- Third phase polling on Tuesday across 15 states
- Army jawans don't counts bodies, only eagles do: Rajnath Singh