- Divine intervention comes to the rescue as IVPL thrives amid challenges
- LS Polls: BJP releases 1st list of 195 candidates, PM Modi to contest from Varanasi
- Ramadan 2024: Why moon sighting is an important Islamic tradition; all you want to know
- Govt initiatives boosting digital ecosystem across startups: Simplilearn
- WPL 2024: Budding cricketers join Gujarat Giants for special training session
- Shabari Jayanti 2024: Date, Rituals, and Significance
- World Birth Defects Day 2024: Date, history, significance and tips to prevent birth defects
- EC to set up special polling stations for voters in Manipur relief camps
- Sheikh Shahjahan starts cooperating with investigating officers: Sources
- Violence-free NE established, over 10,000 militants laid down their arms: Amit Shah
Covid-19 cases increasing steadily in Nellore
44 cases registered in the last two days and the total number of deaths reached to 5
Nellore: Covid-19 cases are steadily increasing in the district after the relaxation started. Now, the district is having 339 cases in which 44 cases were reported within the last two days.
Even remote villages are also witnessing fresh cases this time due to relaxed norms. Freshly, a woman who has been suffering from heart-related ailment died of Covid-19 and the number of deaths rose to 5.
As soon as people started relaxing, the number of Covid cases started rising. Only on Sunday, 28 cases registered in the district which spread in 9 Mandals in which 5 cases reported in Sangam mandal.
Now, there are 130 active patients in the isolation wards that indicates the severity of the situation.
City based orthopaedic doctor who died due to the virus also said to have inflicted by the virus through a Markaz link which costed his life.
Koyambedu links are still haunting the district and Sullurpet area is the worst-affected due to frequent contacts. The number in the small town touched 100 which is creating fears on further spread after relaxation.
District Collector MV Seshagiri Babu who reviewed the situation with the district level officials on Monday directed them to implement strict containment measures.
He asked the DM&HO to supply PPE kits, N-95 face masks, surgical masks, gloves, and sanitisers in adequate number for meeting the demand in rural areas.