- BJP President J P Nadda to arrive on Monday for two-day visit to Karnataka
- Jharkhand: 3 arrested in Spanish woman's gang rape sent to jail, police say search on for 4 more
- Imran Khan’s party elects Gohar Ali Khan as its chairman
- Japanese general witnesses exercise 'Dharma Guardian' at Mahajan Field Firing Ranges
- Centre suffering from 'anti-Punjab' syndrome: Kejriwal
- MP CM, ministers to pray at Ram Temple in Ayodhya on Monday
- Tejashwi responds to Modi's barbs about father Lalu Prasad at Patna rally
- CCL: Riteish's Mumbai Heroes pull off thrilling 1-run win over Bhojpuri Dabanggs
- UAE: Sharjah Ramadan Festival 2024 to begin on March 8
- Bengal BJP chief injured as car in his convoy meets with accident
Desilting works in city underway
Municipal Corporation additional commissioner NVV Satyanarayana Rao has said that silt clearance in major drains in the city was under progress.
Rajamahendravaram: Municipal Corporation additional commissioner NVV Satyanarayana Rao has said that silt clearance in major drains in the city was under progress. The corporation was clearing the silt to avoid overflow of drain water on the roads during ensuing rainy season.
After inspecting the works at Krishna Nagar he said the desiltation will be completed shortly as proclainers are using along with scores of sanitary workers. While clearing the silt huge quantity of plastic material was coming up from the drains, which hampers the flow of drain water freely.
If necessary additional sanitary will also be deployed to complete de-siltation of drains. Municipal Commissioner Sumit Kumar was monitoring the work progress every day, he said.