- Samantha shares good words about Vijay Deverakonda
- Credit Suisse Wealth Management releases months outlook report
- Madhavan celebrating his day on sets of 'Test' is 'the best birthday gift'
- Sreenivas Bellamkonda, Saagar K Chandra, 14 Reels Plus #BSS10 Launched Grandly Today
- IAF light air craft crashed in farm land Coovercolly Indresh
- Vikram Bhatt’s daughter Krishna Bhatt makes directorial debut with a horror film
- Rakul's plan B was MBA in fashion, but luckily, she didn't have to do that
- ‘Nani30’ being helmed as a visual wonder in beautiful locations
- Hyderabad to host ‘TCEI SIWPC Global 2023’ - A convention of renowned wedding planners from across the globe!
- National Nail Polish Day: Try Right Away
Discoms told to supply power without break
- Assures that power cuts will come down as steps are being taken to improve the situation
- Energy minister Peddireddi Ramachandra Reddy says power supply will be provided to 14.80 lakh units in Jagananna colonies at a cost of Rs 4,500 cr
- Under RDSS, 59.19 lakh smart meters to be installed across the State
Vijayawada: Minister for energy Peddireddi Ramachandra Reddy directed the officials of discoms (power distribution companies) to take steps to prevent power cuts. Reviewing the power supply situation with officials here on Tuesday, the minister said that discoms should ensure steps are taken to supply power to the industries, domestic and agricultural sector without interruption. He also sought measures to prevent overload. Directing immediate replacement of transformers in case of failures, he said Rs 4,113 crore would be spent by discoms for purchasing quality transformers. The minister said power supply will be provided to 14.80 lakh flats in Jagananna colonies under phase I at a cost of Rs 4,500 crore.
The discom officials briefed the ministers on the installation of smart meters. They said under RDSS, 59.19 lakh smart meters will be installed in the state.
Energy secretary B Sridhar, APTransco vigilance JMD Malla Reddy, discoms CMDs J Padmajanardhan Reddy, K Santosh Rao, H Haranath Rao and deputy secretary Kumar Reddy were present on the occasion.