- Rehabilitation and Empowerment Centre for differently-abled people launched
- 3rd Mahamastakabhisheka of the century at Venur
- CM Revanth holds meeting with Japan company over expansion of metros in city
- KCR, KTR and Harish Rao expresses grief over Lasya Nandita’s death
- Telangana govt to implement ‘Griha Jyoti’ from Feb 27th!!!
- Thiruvananthapuram-Kasargod Express to include stop at Mangaluru
- BBMP property tax amendment bill passed in Council
- Mysuru civic workers demand improvement in breakfast quality
- Former Lok Sabha Speaker Manohar Joshi Passes Away
- Chinese boat in Indian waters
EC a puppet in PM's hands: MLA Gorantla
Rajamahendravaram Rural TDP MLA Gorantla Buchaiah Choudary alleged that the Election Commission of India (ECI) was acting as a puppet in the hands of Prime Minister Narendra Modi and showing step-motherly attitude towards Andhra Pradesh.
Rajamahendravaram: Rajamahendravaram Rural TDP MLA Gorantla Buchaiah Choudary alleged that the Election Commission of India (ECI) was acting as a puppet in the hands of Prime Minister Narendra Modi and showing step-motherly attitude towards Andhra Pradesh. Speaking to reporters at the Press Club here on Sunday, he said that ECI has no right to stop the reviews of Chief Minister Nara Chandrababu Naidu, who is an elected head of the government.
He wondered as to why the ECI was not objecting to Telangana Chief Minister K Chandrashekara Rao's review meetings while questioning Naidu's review meetings. Is ECI wants to stop development activities in the State up to the counting of votes and stop payment of salaries, he asked.
While the Telangana Chief Secretary was attending review meetings, why is it that the Andhra Pradesh Chief Secretary was not attending the review meetings, he questioned. The ECI was harassing Naidu even for petty reasons, he alleged.
Alleging that many IAS officers have crores of rupees worth properties in Hyderabad, the TDP leader said they were afraid of Telangana government acting against them. He advised former and present IAS officers not to do injustice to Andhra Pradesh and said the people were watching their activities.
He expressed the hope that Chandrababu Naidu would become the Chief minister again and TDP would get 120 MLA seats.