- Other states following Assam's cancer care model: Himanta Biswa Sarma
- TalentSprint announces new program ‘WISH’ for Women Engineering students
- IAF C-130J makes safe landing at Begumpet airport after technical snag
- Canadian International School hosts its 10th edition of Model United Nations conference
- Nirmala Sitharaman launches Rs 1,000 cr worth infra projects
- Arun Singh Dhumal welcomes England team with 'perfect conditions' at HPCA
- Hindu teacher acquitted in blasphemy case after five years in Pakistan
- 10 Manipur tribal MLAs urge Centre not to cancel 'Suspension of Operations' pact with Kuki militant outfits
- Financial Intelligence Unit slaps Rs 5.49 cr penalty on Paytm Payments Bank
- I want to quit as Trinamool spokesman, but continue as party soldier: Kunal Ghosh
EC gives nod for Minister Somireddy review meeting
After a great tussle, the Election Commission has given a permission to the Agriculture Minister Somireddy Chandramohan Reddy
Amaravati: After a great tussle, the Election Commission has given a permission to the Agriculture Minister Somireddy Chandramohan Reddy to conduct a review meeting on the impact of extremely severe cyclone Fani, drought situation in the state and other issues. Chandramohan Reddy is going to conduct the review meeting on Friday at his chamber at 4 pm, he confirmed with this correspondent on Thursday.
In fact, he conducted a review meeting recently in the secretariat, for which the officials did not attended. Reacting to that, the minister asked explanation from the concerned officials. According to the sources, the officials did not attend the meeting fearing about the Model Code of Conduct. As soon as Minister asked explanation, the department authorities have wrote another letter to the Chief Electoral Officer Gopal Krishna Dwivedi, seeking permission for the meeting.
Responding to that, the CEO has given permission with some conditions, which include the officials should not explain the progress of the meeting in the media, the meeting visuals should not be released to the media.
On the other hand, the Minister has explained that though the officials were not admitted to inform to the press, he will conduct a press conference after concluding the review meeting and explain the status of the agriculture in the state. He also going to review on the action plans to be taken for the ensuing agriculture season.