- Congress mulling idea to drop several sitting MLAs in Rajasthan after internal survey shows anti-incumbency
- Will you resign if nothing found in probe, Kejriwal asks PM Modi over house renovation row
- Bengal school job case: ED summons Abhishek Banerjee again on Oct 3
- Demands for fair share charge on OTT companies smack of rent-seeking: IAMAI
- Worms in Mid-Day Meal: Goa govt suspends licence of Self-Help Group
- Angelina Jolie was ‘saved’ by her children
- Govt crushed hopes & dreams of youth, leading to rising suicides among them: Congress
- Equity investors become poorer by Rs 2.95 lakh cr as markets fall
- Sun Pharma to buyout local partner in Mexican arm
- OPS undecided on alliance with BJP
Energy Conservation Bill a game-changer, says MP Galla Jayadev
MP Galla Jayadev termed the Energy Conservation (Amendment) Bill- 2022 a victory for environmental sustainability.
Guntur: MP Galla Jayadev termed the Energy Conservation (Amendment) Bill- 2022 a victory for environmental sustainability.
He said, the bill will help reduce fossil fuel-based energy consumption and carbon emissions and said that more government support is required to make renewables viable for mobility and manufacturing industries.
Speaking in the Lok Sabha on Monday, he said the bill, which was passed by the Lok Sabha on August 8 gives legislative backing to the five elements of Prime Minister's Panchamrit -(1) Sourcing 50% electricity from non-fossil fuels, (2) Reduce carbon emission by 1 billion tones, (3) Installation of 500 GW of non-fossil energy capacity, (4) Achieve net-zero carbon emission by 2070 and (5) Reduce emissions.
In our progress towards net zero emission, a hybrid model that has a balance energy mix of nuclear, hydrogen and biomass apart from solar and wind is needed, he said.