- Visakhapatnam: Brahmin associations protest against Mahasena Rajesh
- Air Force plane hovers over Begumpet Airport amid tech glitch
- Cops bust fingerprint cloning racket; 2 GHMC sanitation supervisors held
- Greens gear up to roll out drive for upkeep of trees across city
- Vijayawada: Sunitha read out script of N Chandrababu Naidu, says Sajjala Ramakrishna Reddy
- India to see warmer start to summer this year: IMD
- Uttam sees BRS-BJP nexus in Kaleshwaram
- PM hits out at TMC over Sandeshkhali atrocities
- Vijayawada: N Chandrababu Naidu complains to Governor against APSDRI
- Tirupati: Pilot slams BJP-led NDA for depriving AP of Special Status
Farmer dies as truck carrying cows overturns
A farmer died, and four more farmers suffered severe injuries when a truck in which they were travelling overturned at Veldurthi crossroads near Polakal village in C Belagal mandal on Thursday.
Kurnool: A farmer died, and four more farmers suffered severe injuries when a truck in which they were travelling overturned at Veldurthi crossroads near Polakal village in C Belagal mandal on Thursday.
The passersby immediately informed 108 ambulance and Veldurthi police. Gopal (40), a resident of Polakal village, died on the spot and his body was shifted to Dhone hospital for post-mortem and injured farmers to Government General Hospital in Kurnool.
Farmers of Polakal village were transporting their cows for Dhone market to sell them. In the incident, one cow also died and 11 more suffered injuries. Veldurthi SI Puli Sekhar said a case was registered and took up investigation.