- Your Ultimate Guide to the Perfect Pongal Look
- With unsecured personal loans under lens, growth momentum in the segment to derail in coming quarters
- Andhra CM Jagan takes poll battle to Chandrababu Naidu's home turf - Kuppam
- India seeks greater say for developing countries at WTO meet
- It was a joy to be a part of a lyrical, poetic, and deeply romantic story: Shahbaz Khan
- Samsung’s Most Intelligent PC Lineup Galaxy Book4 Series Goes on Sale in India
- KIUG 2023: Sambalpur’s Sujata Kujur hopes to make it to Indian women’s hockey team
- VESCOA Partner with ISRO, signed MoU with ASSOCHAM to Advance Collaborative Initiatives
- FM Sitharaman stresses on compliance of norms at meet with fintech heads
- Indian Navy conducts airborne insertion ops over Arabian Sea
Funds released for hiring private water tankers: SE
Rural Water Supply (RWS) Superintending Engineer (SE) G Venu said tankers were hired for supply of drinking water to 2,577 habitations on the instructions of District Collector P S Pradyumna.
Chittoor: Rural Water Supply (RWS) Superintending Engineer (SE) G Venu said tankers were hired for supply of drinking water to 2,577 habitations on the instructions of District Collector P S Pradyumna.
Speaking to The Hans India here on Saturday, the State government has released Rs 16 crore from the State Disaster Response Fund (SDRF) for the district to transport water by hiring tankers.
The SE said instructions were given to all the MPDOs to engage the private tankers for transportation of water to all the habitations facing water scarcity in their respective jurisdictions without waiting for further orders. The Election Commission of India gave permission for drilling or deepening the bores besides transportation of water, he added.