- MS Swaminathan's contribution to India's agricultural progress and economy immense: Siddaramaiah in tribute
- Thakur row: Lalan Singh comes out in support of Manoj Jha
- After Netflix, Disney+ to restrict password sharing outside homes
- Musk’s X disables feature to report misinformation about elections
- Earning wife's income unique as she has diverse responsibilities: Calcutta HC
- Common symptoms of appendix cancer
- In wake of fresh violence, Centre sends senior police officer to Manipur
- Air pollution may spur risk of stroke within 5 days: Study
- Money laundering via illicit trade hovering at 5% of India’s GDP, says CII study
- Hot flashes in women linked with heart disease, Alzheimer’s
Govt will support farmers, says Botcha
Bobbili (Vizianagaram): Education Minister Botcha Satyanarayana said the YSRCP government is working to support farmers and to protect their...
Bobbili (Vizianagaram): Education Minister Botcha Satyanarayana said the YSRCP government is working to support farmers and to protect their interests.
He said the government is with farmers at every corner. On Thursday, the minister attended a programme of Rythu Bharosa to disburse funds in to the accounts of farmers which can be used for Kharif cultivation.
Botcha said the government sanctioned Rs 194 crore to 2.58 lakh farmers in the district phase wise and so far farmers have received Rs 1,467 crore in the past five years. He said Jagan’s government believe that farmers are backbone of the country.
“The previous government did not look solve sugar cane farmers struggle but the present government have done it and pressurised NCS sugars to pay bills.
The cane from the area is taken to Sankili sugar factory in Srikakulam to facilitate farmers. Even the pending dues of government employees will be paid soon,” he said.
Collector S Naga Lakshmi said the government is looking for options to encourage farmers. She said the government is working to provide irrigation water to tail end lands also.
Later, they distributed seeds to farmers for khariff season and handed over Rythu Bharosa cheques.