- Nifty snaps four-day winning streak on account of profit booking
- Roche's new bispecific monoclonal antibody to treat vision loss in India
- Assault On Medical Student By Patient And Friend Sparks Outrage At Tamil Nadu's Vellore Hospital
- Yogi government expanded its cabinet, 4 new ministers Joined
- Delhi: Woman dies after husband sets her ablaze amid quarrel
- Govt targets 5-fold jump in India’s share of global space economy
- Happy Shiva Ratri 2024: Best Messages, Quotes, Wishes, and Greetings to Share on Shiva Ratri
- Bengal Govt moves SC against CBI probe into attack on ED at Sandeshkhali
- Four new ministers inducted in UP Cabinet
- Technology’s share in world Mcap nearing 40 pc, showing high-level of concentration
Gundlamotu project will solve water crisis: Bareddy
The only permanent solution for the water scarcity at Giddalur and surrounding places is to link Gundlamotu project to Telugu Ganga, reiterated advocate Bareddy Narayana Reddy.
Giddalur: The only permanent solution for the water scarcity at Giddalur and surrounding places is to link Gundlamotu project to Telugu Ganga, reiterated advocate Bareddy Narayana Reddy. The committee members of Giddalur Taluk Saguneeru Taguneeru Sadhana Samithi elected Narayana Reddy as the committee chairman and announced to pressurize the government for the completion of Gindlamotu project in his direction.
Bareddy Narayana Reddy said that the Gundlamotu project was announced in 1960 and its construction is started in 1975 with a capacity of 0.37 TMC feet storage to provide drinking water to 14 villages. The project is breached in 1979, 1980, 1986 and 1996 but restarted in 2004 but not completed so far, he alleged.
He demanded the government to immediately complete the Gundlamotu project to harvest the rainwater and supply the same to quench the thirst of 14 villages. He also advised the government to link Enumuleru and Sagileru to Telugu Ganga canal so that the same quantity of water can be utilized by thirsty Giddalur town.
The members elected Reddi Mallareddy as the vice chairman, Dr. JV Narayana as an advisor, K Jaganmohan Reddy as president, K Venkateswara Rao as general secretary, Ambati Bhaskar Reddy as vice president, M Srikanth as secretary, Shaik Areef and M Pullaiah as assistant secretaries and K Tirupati Reddy, Ch Balaraju and V Rammohan as executive committee members of the Giddalur Taluk Saguneeru Taguneeru Sadhana Samithi.